In the spring of 1944 two equally matched opponents faced each other in the harsh terrain of northern Burma. During that spring and summer several different but simultanous dramas unfolded. The Japanese launched an all-out offensive on Imphal. In the northeast the Chinese and US forces moved against Myitkina and in the center the Chindits landed in the Japanese rear area.
The battles took place in some of the worst terrain possible in the most horrible conditions imaginable and with some of the best as well as the worst soldiers of the time.
This scenario covers the Japanese U-GO offensive beginning march 1944 in northern Burma/India against Imphal and Kohima. The Japanese 15. Army advances aginst stronger forces from the 14. British Army.
The scenario is somewhat based on the boardgame Burma by Multi Man Publishing
- Players: 1-2.
- AI Capable: Yes, at a beginner level.
- Engine: ATG.
- Events & Variants: Reinforcements, Replacements, Historical equipment, Extensive paratrooper use.
- Production & Research: Normal production & historical reinforcements, but either side can only produce infantry so heavy equipment cannot be replaced. No research.
- Scale: Each round represent two days of fighting. The scenario lasts 35 rounds. Units are battalion with Regiment or Division HQs. Map size is 62*70.
- Availability: Free download here.